Call us on: 0330 088 8408

Disabled students' allowance (DSA)

We provide services specifically for students applying for the disabled students' allowance (DSA).

How do we work with students who are applying for the DSA?

We work with students who are applying for the DSA by providing needs assessments for education and health needs.

Disabled students' allowance (DSA)

We provide needs assessments for students who are eligible for the disabled students’ allowance (DSA). DSA needs assessments identify the type of support students with disabilities would require to support them with any learning needs.

How do we work with students who are receiving the DSA?

If you are currently receiving the DSA then our assessors can provide additional needs assessments should your needs change during your course, or should your course change. We also provide a range of non-medical help (NMH) services.

How can students commission our services for the DSA?

If you are eligible for DSA funding then you can arrange a DSA needs assessment by emailing or calling 0330 088 8408.

What are the benefits of using EHP?

There are many benefits of using EHP for your DSA needs assessment. Benefits include:

  • Multiple assessment centres located across Greater Manchester and Merseyside
  • Specialist education and health assessors
  • Warm and welcoming assessment environments
  • Evening and weekend appointments available
  • A culture of inclusion at all times
  • A flexible, reliable and solution focused service

The benefits of using EHP can be experienced throughout the process of a needs assessment.

Who do we work with?

When it comes to a DSA needs assessment we work with students who are eligible for DSA funding. Higher education students living in England with a disability can apply for a DSA. DSA funding covers students with physical and mental health needs as well as education needs. Find out if you are eligible here.

As a higher education student living in England, you can apply for a Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) if you have a disability, including a:

  • long-term health condition
  • mental health condition
  • specific learning difficulty, eg dyslexia

You must meet the definition of disability under the Equality Act 2010.

The support you get depends on your individual needs and not on income. Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) guidelines

You're disabled under the Equality Act 2010 if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities. definition of disability under the Equality Act 2010

Where do our services take place?

Our services take place in one of our clinics  throughout Greater Manchester and Merseyside. Our clinics are fully accessible and designed to meet education and health needs. Our clinics are accessible by car and a range of public transport.

To find out more about our DSA needs assessments or to arrange an appointment please get in touch on or 0330 088 8408.

Get in touch

If you would like to find out more about the services we offer or to book a free initial discussion then please contact us not on 0330 088 8408 or email

Find out more

Is this page helpful?   Yes   No